Landscape Industry Consulting
After more than a decade of building a successful landscape design, build, and maintenance company, I became concerned about the sustainability of the industry. There has to be a better way to run a landscape business, than incessantly mowing lawns because they have been heavily fertilized, spraying chemicals at the first sign of an insect or “weed,” or installing useless plant material.
Since completing two permaculture design courses, an earthworks course, six years of research, and practicing permaculture on my own land, it became plain as day. Permaculture design principles, ethics, and techniques can revolutionize the landscape industry by creating sustainable business’ that are building beautiful ecosystems that will stand the test of time. The early adopters of this design science will be well positioned to take market share from their stodgy competitors.
If you are a landscape professional looking to learn how to incorporate permaculture ethics, principles, and techniques into your business, or a permaculturalist looking to learn how to start and run a successful design, build, and maintenance company, then you have come to the perfect place. Learn from someone who has achieved 20% NET profits with over 5 million dollars in revenue, while paying employees far above industry standards, and keeping clients extremely happy. My consulting fees are very reasonable. I can do phone consults or site visits depending on your needs and budget. Phone consults are $75 per hour, with a minimum of one hour. Site visits are $600 per day plus travel and lodging if necessary. You may reserve your phone consult via pay pal below. Please call us at 717-645-9667 if you wish to schedule a site visit.
Common Consultation Topics (This is not an all-inclusive list)
- The basics of getting started (Licenses and Insurance)
- Must haves for starting a new design/ build and maintenance company
- How to market your business?
- How do you know what to charge?
- How to develop an estimating system?
- The major reasons landscape companies fail, and how to avoid these pitfalls?
- Common traits amongst successful landscape companies, and how to acquire those traits?
- How to overcome the biggest challenges in the landscape industry?
- What are the most profitable and least profitable types of landscaping work?
- What software should I use for a design/ build and maintenance company?
- What types of communities yield the most profit?
- What types of permaculture design elements can be implemented in an HOA type community without getting into trouble? What do you need to be careful of?
- How would you handle maintenance work in a permaculture based landscaping business?
- What types of maintenance work could you offer?
- How to implement a performance based pay system?
- How to have excellent customer service?
- How to find and train great employees?
- How to deal with the seasonality of the landscape business?
- 72 Hour Permaculture Design Course taught at your site.