Recipe Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
Salt & Pepper
Bread (We use a nice sprouted wheat bread, but any bread you like will do)
How to make eggplant sandwiches
1. Mix chopped basil with cream cheese.
2. Slice the eggplant in discs about 1/4 inch thick if you plan to sauté, or slice lengthwise if you plan to grill them.
3. Put olive oil, onion and, minced garlic in pan and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat for sautéed eggplant. If you are grilling the eggplant, mix the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a bowl with the sliced eggplant before putting on the grill.
4. Sauté the eggplant on medium low until it starts to brown. If grilling the eggplant, grill until the grill marks are present.
5. Toast bread.
6. Spread basil spread on bread.
7. Add cooked eggplant & onions.
8. Cut fresh tomatoes and lettuce and add to sandwich.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.