Recipe Roasted Vegetables
This is a very simple recipe for using a lot of your vegetables and herbs into a versatile dish that you can eat over many days. Denise and I will make as many trays of roasted vegetables as will fit in our oven when the harvest season gets really busy.
Ingredients (This just happens to be what I harvested today but, you can roast most vegetables, so don’t worry if your ingredient list differs)
Salt & Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper
Olive oil spray (For the cooking sheets)
How to prepare and cook
1. Add tin foil to cooking sheets and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Cut up your vegetables in similar sized pieces, and place evenly across cooking sheet.
3. Add herbs and seasoning.
4. Drizzle a little olive oil over the vegetables. Don't cover all the vegetables, just a little is needed.
5. Bake at 405 degrees for 30-45 minutes depending on how cooked you like your vegetables, and how thick you cut them. The first time, just check periodically.
6. We store any excess in the refrigerator in snap-tight containers. This way, they will last a week.
Vegetables and herbs ready to be cooked.