Recipe (Zucchini with Yellow Wax Beans)
The great thing about this time of year is that you can pick things out of the garden, and make meals completely fresh. Denise and I try to eat whatever is in season at the time. This helps us to eat more fresh food, and spend less time preserving. Zucchini and yellow wax beans have been coming out of the garden a lot lately, so Denise put together a nice recipe combining these vegetables as the main ingredients.
Zucchini (5 medium sized)
2 Medium Onions (We used a red and white onion, although any type will do)
1 Large bowl of yellow wax beans
4 cloves of Garlic
1. Cut up zucchini into ¼ inch discs. Snap the ends off the wax beans, and snap any long ones into bite-sized pieces.
2. Cut up onions and garlic.
3. Add olive oil to a pan and turn on to medium-high heat. Add onions, wax beans, and garlic. Saute until onions start to brown.
4. Add zucchini, and ½ cup of water. Reduce the heat to medium and stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cut fresh chives on top and serve.